Draughts, Damp and Well Being: Cheap and effective ways to save energy and money
Wednesday 05 October 2022
18:50 to 21:00
We are going through a cost of living crisis which is affecting us all. There are some talks happening in Southampton which may help us to all save money and live more efficiently. The talks are being run by Transition Southampton and are free to attend.
– Why are our houses draughty?
– Draught proofing windows, doors, floors, chimneys
– Floor Insulation
– Secondary glazing and double glazing
– What causes damp and how to combat it
– What makes people feel comfortable?
Speaker: Roger Munford
Roger was part of the team at the Southampton Environment Centre that carried out a Scottish Power funded project to help people with little or no DIY skills install effective draught proofing on windows, doors, floors and chimneys and give advice on managing energy.
Highfield Church Centre